Friday, March 5, 2010

My little Ballerina

Kate got her dance recital costume this morning.  It was practically better than Christmas morning for her. She begged and begged to wear it once she got home, so before dinner I caved and let her wear it for about 20 minutes.  She had to put on "elegant music" and dance for me, Mark and Claire.  When she prayed tonight we had to thank God for her beautiful new costume.

Note the nice hot chocolate traces all over her mouth.  It goes so well with the fancy costume, doesn't it? You can't see it very well but there is even a necklace/choker that goes with it that is made of "diamonds" according to Kate.  The thing that always kills me with costumes like this is how expensive they are and how cheaply they are slapped together. I'm going to have to cover all the seams at her arms because they sewed the sequin trim right into the armhole and it is really scratchy.  Really, really scratchy.  This really irks me.








Kate also lovingly indulged her sister in her favorite activity today - being pushed around in a doll stroller.  This is a stroller I got at a garage sale for $1 when Kate was about Claire's age.  One wheel is pushed out and wobbles and it always tries to fold closed on Claire when she sits in it.  This doesn't phase her in the least.  She sits in it and promptly says "Mama! Date! (kate) Dada!" hoping that one of us will push her in it.  I'm waiting for the wheel to come off and her to end up on her rear end on the floor.  We shall see.


The final topping on Kate's day was a handmade amigurumi (crocheted doll) from my friend Amber.  It is pink and red (Kate's two favorite colors) and white, and has a little flower on it's head.  It's adorable.  Kate christened it "Snuggly" and insisted on sleeping with it and giving it a goodnight kiss.  I'm sorry, Kate would correct me here - giving HER a goodnight kiss.  "It's a girl mom!"  Here's what she looked like when I went up to check on her earlier this evening.

1 comment:

  1. That is so precious! I love how she is snuggling with her new little friend.

    Also, the color of her costume is so pretty and fun! Avery's is pink, of course. Yikes. : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin